Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 8 February 2013

Info Post


Study and practise the following dialogue between Adib and Ruben. They are talking about
Ruben’s experience last Christmas. Pay attention to the expressions printed in bold.
Adib : Hi, Ruben. What a nice hat!
Ruben : Oh, hi Adib. Thank you for saying so.
Adib : Is that new?
Ruben : No, actually. My grandfather gave me this hat last Christmas.
Adib : I see. Well, I heard you went to Medan last Christmas.
Ruben : You’re right. My family and I spent the holiday with our relatives there.
Adib : How was it?
Ruben : It was a nice gathering. We spent three days there. However, there was something
annoying in our way home from Medan.
Adib : What was it?
Ruben : I lost my wallet.
Adib : I’m sorry to hear that. How did it happen?
Ruben : I thought I dropped it in the taxi. However, when I called the taxi company,
they said they found nothing in the taxi.
Adib : How upsetting.
Ruben : Moreover, I lost all my identity cards.
Adib : That’s a pity.

Gudeg Jogja (Green Jack Fruit Sweet Stew)
Ingredients:
- 5 onions
- 10 candlenuts
- 10 garlic cloves
- 4 bay Leaves
- 1/2 lb. (250g) green jack fruit
- 2-1/2 tsp. (12g) coriander
seeds
- 1-1/4 tsp. (6g) cumin
- 1/4 cup (62ml) coconut sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut milk
- 2 tsp. (30g) tamarind
- 2 lb. (1kg) chicken (cut into
small pieces with bone)
- 5 cups (1.25l) water
- 2 inches bruised galangal

Instructions:
- First, cut green jack fruit 1 inch thick. Wash and boil until tender.
- Next, ground onions, candle nuts, sauté paste, bay leaves, and galangal until
fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces, stir fry until chicken changes clour.
- Then, pour 4 cups of water and coconut sugar, bring to a boil.
- Add the green jack fruit and simmer until the chicken and vegetables are
tender.
- Finally, add coconut milk 5 minutes before it’s done, bring back to a boil. Serve
hot with rice.
This dish is sweet and usually served with shrimp cracker.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Terima Kasih telah memberikan komentar dipostingan ini. Semoga Bermanfaat...